Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day One - Not excited at all

I'm only six hours into the diet, and I'm already fed up with the diet.  I didn't go grocery shopping yesterday, so I'm preparing my list now.  I'm already feeling defeated.  I've been reading message boards and recipes online, and it's been discouraging.

Apparently, women have a hard time seeing results from this diet.  And the recipes all sound disgusting to me.  At this point, I feel like I'd rather not eat at all.  I guess that's one way to lose weight.

This morning for breakfast, I had 3 whole eggs and half a can of black beans.  I probably used too much fat when cooking both the eggs and beans (ghee and grapeseed oil respectively).  It didn't taste horrible, but it didn't taste fantastic.

Some people, including Tim, recommend putting salsa on top of egg whites.  After developing an aversion to huevos rancheros somewhere along the way, the very thought of this combination makes me gag.  I think I can make an "egg bake" with omelet-type ingredients, but how do I incorporate the legumes?  

I was thinking about eating stir-fry a couple of nights this week, but most stir fry sauces require starch/sugar.  And did you know they put wheat in some soy sauces?  Am I really going to have to worry about every little fucking thing?  

And this is why I hate diets.  "The devil is in the details."  You think you find a recipe that works, and bam, there's wheat hidden in it, or corn starch is required as a thickener.  And apparently, details like these are tripping up a lot of women out there, most of whom are seeing modest results, if any, even by the fourth week.  

Will I last till the fourth week?